The animal sanctuary tour is a great way to get to know Costa Rica’s biodiversity and learn about wild animals. The sanctuary is located across the Golfo Dulce about 30 minutes by boat from Puerto Jimenez, in a beautiful nature reserve. You’ll take a boat to the sanctuary, and you may already see some marine wildlife, such as dolphins or whales, along the way! You may also add on a 2 hour boat ride around the gulf for an extra cost. If conditions are good you can snorkel at a reef or just get off at a nice beach to relax and swim. You’ll be on the tour for a half-a-day.
- The boat departs at 8:30am from the dock at Puerto Jimenez arriving to the sanctuary at 9:00am. The tour runs from 9 to 11:00am and your boat captain will have you back to Puerto Jimenez between 11:30 and noon.
- The boat cost to and from the Sanctuary is $180.00 for up to 4 people plus $25.00 per person entrance fee (donation) to be paid directly to the sanctuary. They require all donations to be included in a white envelope. If there are more than 4 people add $20 extra per person for the boat.
- If you would like to extend your trip, you can pay $350.00 for the boat ride and after the sanctuary tour is done the captain will take you for another 2 hours around the gulf. You can search for dolphins, reef snorkel or just look for a nice beach to relax.
- Ground transportation from your lodging to the dock at Puerto Jimenez is not included.
– See more at: http://www.osa-tropical.com/tours/#sthash.ViJJXbzw.dpuf