Tres Peces is a beautiful rental home right at Backwash Bay and surrounded by rainforest. The house has two stories and is constructed in an open air wooden style. The house offers two-bedrooms and two-bathrooms, and is great for a group of friends, small family or for two couples.
Three other beautiful beaches are within a 2-10 minute walk right from the house.
- 2 bedrooms, one with a king-size bed and the second with a queen bed, both equipped with fans and lights in the beds and custom mosquito/noseeum netting.
- 2 full bathrooms one on each of the two levels of the house. The downstairs shower has a beautiful large oval broken tile bathtub.
- There is hot and cold running water in all showers.
- Games and cards as well as a limited number of books to enjoy are provided.
- The kitchen is well equipped with a commercial size stainless steel gas stove and oven.
- Weber barbeque grill on the deck.
- Lock up file cabinet for your personal valuables.
- Propane refrigerator with small freezer.
- Large cooler available for beverages and ice for your drinks. Pick up an ice block in Puerto Jimenez on your way out to the house.
- Potable spring water and a filter system is provided for your comfort.
- VHF radio in the house. This is our way of communicating in the jungle. A list of channels is provided.
- Manager on site that will help you with all your needs.
Casa Tres Peces is located on the secluded beach of Backwash Bay on a beautifully landscaped property near Cabo Matapalo.
For all of our vacation rentals, please inquire for rates as they do vary for holidays and peak times. All rates include taxes & cleaning. Osa Tropical can also make reservations for domestic flights, car rentals, and hotel stays, and we can arrange taxis to make your vacation a breeze!
The house runs exclusively on 12 volt. Tres Peces provides small inverter to re-charge small battery packs. No large plug-in electrical items will work (i.e. hairdryers).
All of the houses in the Matapalo area are eco-houses that use solar power. Solar power is a renewable energy and thus helps to reduce global warming. Please be conservative with your use of energy.
Usually the light during the day is sufficient to light up the rooms, as the sun rises at 5 and goes down around 5:30pm-6:00pm. Since the house is not equipped with strong light bulbs or fluorescent lights, you’ll also need to use candles, lanterns, and flashlights. There are also showers with hot water, heated up through solar power.
Please do not bring coffee makers, radios, stereos, hairdryers, and other appliances a typical 120-volt outlet will support. These appliances will drain all of the solar energy, leaving none for basic use. You may bring battery chargers for your video and still cameras. Unplug this appliance when finished charging.
We recommend to turn off all lights, fans and other small appliances when not in direct use.